A simple bread recipe with very few ingredients that doesn't require any kneading. Depending on my mood I add sun-dried tomatoes, olives, or cranberries if I want it to be sweet or savory.
- 400 ml warm water
- 400 ml white flour
- 400 ml brown flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Note: I use mililiters as a measurement for flour because it is convenient to measure in my Pyrex cup.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, and butter a 4x8-inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the sugar in with the warm water until it is completely dissolved. Add the yeast and stir slightly. Leave for five minutes to activate.
- Mix in the flours and salt. Mix in the olive oil.
- Cover with a kitchen cloth and let sit to rise for at least thirty minutes.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
Make sure to put the bread on the top rack of the oven or else the bottom might cook faster than the middle and will most likely burn.