@ -18,7 +18,7 @@ Originally from: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/banana_bread/
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and butter a 4x8-inch loaf pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
3. Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
4. Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F (175°C), or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
4. Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F (175°C) on the top rack, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
My oven is a bit hot so I set the heat to "160" degrees Celcius. After 50 minutes the house smelled like cooked bread and I worried that it had been burned, but the loaf came out absolutely perfectly! You should adjust the temperature similarly if you're using a convection oven, and check the bread often towards the end of the time because it might have cooked faster!
I always set my timer for 45 minutes so I can check it before it potentially burns!