Dutch Oven Bread
Originally from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0t8ZAhb8lQ
- 355ml warm water
- 180g white flour
- 180g brown flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- ¼ tablespoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large glass or ceramic bowl.
- Gently integrate the warm water.
- Cover bowl with saran wrap and leave to sit for three hours.
- Sprinkle some white flour on a clean surface and gently knead / roll so the dough is no longer sticky (only thirty seconds or so).
- Place some cooking paper in a glass or ceramic bowl and set the dough in it. Leave for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 230°C/450°F with the dutch oven inside (it is important the dutch oven is hot).
- Place the dough in the dutch oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid, remove the baking paper, and place the bread back into the oven for 15 minutes.
I bake on the middle rack.