Originally from: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/banana_bread/
- 2 to 3 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup melted butter (75 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar (180 ml)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (360 ml)
- Handful of walnut pieces (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and butter a 4x8-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F (175°C), or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
My oven is a bit hot so I set the heat to "160" degrees Celcius. After 50 minutes the house smelled like cooked bread and I worried that it had been burned, but the loaf came out absolutely perfectly! You should adjust the temperature similarly if you're using a convection oven, and check the bread often towards the end of the time because it might have cooked faster!