Persian Jewelled Rice Tahdig
- Original inspiration: https://medium.com/aj-news/these-thanksgiving-recipes-will-make-you-look-like-an-internationally-inspired-chef-d85ddb8f0253
- Another good resource: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa3ao2TVn1A
- 2 cups (360g) basmati rice
- 1/2 cup (50g) barberries
- 1/4 cup (30g) golden raisins, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup (40g) pistachios, sliced
- 1/4 cup (40g) almonds, sliced
- 2 oranges
- 2 carrots (peeled and cut in 3-inch strips)
- One 4-inch cinnamon stick
- Use more nuts! Use more safflower!
- Don't use egg for tahdig, it makes it cakey!
- Don't forget to put some berries and nuts in the middle when you add the bottom layer!